Friday, July 11, 2008

Wax on, wax off

It feels like I just got my braces on for the first time. I'm getting all kinds of new spots on the inside where the hooks are rubbing. My doctor told me that he had to cut the wire in four places during surgery so its just kind of hanging there until I go to the orthodontist. I'm so glad I stocked up on wax the last time I went to the ortho because I'm blowing through it pretty quick. I can't find the silicone wax anywhere except for the ortho office so they always give me about four boxes of it and I have them everywhere (in my car console, in my office desk, my purse...you get the idea). I'm a bit concerned if I'll be able to open my mouth wide enough for an adjustment on my braces but I don't think I have to go for another couple of weeks.

So, here are pics from today (day 9 post op). What a difference 3 days does in regards to swelling. My lips still look weird when I smile since I can't feel them and they are pretty tight.

5 comments:

Aimee said...

You're looking gorgeous!!

It looks like you are recovering pretty quickly. Congrats on your surgery!!

Katherine said...

I've just begun following your jaw surgery story this summer, and just wanted to say thanks. You look fantastic, and your pics really help me believe that the end result is worth it. :)

Michelle said...

Another cute title, Rachel! ;0)

The swelling is really going down. You can see your jaw line now. If we were in a whose-swelling-is-going-down-the-fastest race (ok, that title totally stinks!), you would be in the lead!

:0)
M

Kam said...

Wow! you're looking amazing! Like, 9 weeks post-op, not 9 days!
That is so nice of you to offer the zip N squeeze, I'd be happy to take the extras off your hands. I'll send you out an email, or I can just run up there to Austin and meet you, I've been thinking about going up there for a couple days to see friends before surgery.

Rachel said...

Either way is fine. Just let me know and we can set something up. I have the ones I ordered plus another pack my doctor gave me.