Thursday, December 4, 2008

I'm free!






So, I got my braces off on Tuesday morning. It feels great!! I got to throw out all my bands, wax, food picks, super floss, and floss threaders. I have a feeling I'll be finding the bands in random places for awhile. I always seem to have at least a couple floating around somewhere. They are so sweet at Dr. Kunik's office. I was surprised with a cake, flowers, coffee/coffee thermos, and another cool t-shirt. It was like I won the orthodontic lottery or something! From there I went on to Dr. McCarty's office for my gum recontouring. I wasn't expecting to have so many shots in my gums! It took about an hour and made a huge difference. I'll take a close up this weekend when they aren't so red. I still have to go back on the 17th to get a little bonding on one of my front teeth. I also got to see my x-ray today with all my hardware. Here are before and after shots:


BEFORE:















AFTER:














I couldn't believe how much that tooth on the top right of the x-ray came down and how deep the anchor for that implant is!! I'll post more pics after my night out on the town with some friends this weekend.

3 comments:

ummul said...

Rachel..., congratulation!
It's a long journey of jaw surgery.
Finally, you are free!


(I can't wait for my "free" of braces.)

http://ummul-orthodonti.blogspot (indonesian ortho-blog)

Kristy Eng said...

we want smile close up pics!!!!!!!!!!!1 Congrats Rachel, im so happy for you, !!!! what a great end you look so beautiful!!!

Michelle said...

Holy smokes! Congratulations on becoming brace free!!! That's so awesome! And just in time for Christmas!

:0)
M