Thursday, May 29, 2008

Dr. Q visit

I saw my oral surgeon today. Everything still looks good. Not much to report. He gave my boyfriend the low down of what he'll have to take care of after surgery. He forgot to mention that Clay will have to be responsible for keeping up with my blog! Oh, there is some good news. He thinks that because he is taking out quite a bit on the top that it will really help me breathe better through my nose which would be awesome. He also said that I should be in the hospital no longer than two days. It would be great to be home in time to watch 4th of July fireworks on the back porch (they should be extra pretty under the influence of pain killers!). So, no molds this time. They scheduled that and xrays on the 19th. Then I go for my pre-op physical on the 26th, then surgery on the 2nd. It will be here before I know it!


Heather said...

You'll be amazed at how fast the time goes by. I can't believe I'm already two weeks post-op. I'm glad that everything is working out for you. It's nice when everything goes smoothly.

Shontelly said...

LOL about the fireworks and painkillers!

Michelle said...

When I look at all of the appt's I have coming up, it seems like it's happening so fast yet, it still seems so far away. I just can't wait to be on the "other side".
I'm also hoping the surgery will help me breath a little better through my nose. I think that may be why I'm so freaked out about being wired. I worry I won't be able to get enough air. I'm sure everything will be fine, I have to keep telling myself that.
Have a great weekend:)

Rachel said...

I'm really worried too about not being able to breathe while I'm wired. My doctor told he doesn't think he will have to wire it shut, but just use some bands to keep it closed. I hope I don't suffocate!

Kiwikaren said...

Great that your lead up to surgery is going well. I think it's great that your boyfriend has had the 'real deal' from your OS.

Here's to your preparations continuing to go smoothly.