Friday, October 19, 2007

Update from the doc

I went to go see Dr. Q (oral surgeon) yesterday. I feel so much better (unless what he told me is a bunch of crap). Apparently, I will not have to have a bite splint afterwards which makes me very happy. I've read enough horror stories in all these blogs to know that I definately did not want to have to do that. I won't have my teeth banded together either. He said only 2-4 bands would be in and I can handle that. The bad part is that he thinks that it will take a year in braces before my teeth are lined up for surgery. Geez, I'll be requesting the heavy duty wire the next time I go to the orthodontist! I was really hoping that we could do this surgery thing next summer so that I'd be healed by the fall. Maybe Dr. Kunik (ortho) can make that happen.

2 comments:

Kristy Eng said...

sorry to hear it may take a year in braces, however you dont want to rush perfection....all this stuff doesnt happen overnight.
Great news that you dont have to wear a splint...trust me they arent fun, im cursing at mine as i type, lol...damn u splint.
Keep us updated as to how your progress is going!

Aimee said...

Just wanted to say hi and good luck!