Thursday, June 19, 2008

Saw the doc today

So I went for my two week pre-op visit. I can't believe it is less than two weeks away! Since I have a belated graduation party next weekend, this will be my last weekend to live it up on the lake. We have definitely taken full advantage of the sunny weekends while I still can. I think I might be out of commission from bouncing around on a boat for awhile after surgery so boat time is a must. Anyway, I had to get two sets of molds and bite impressions done. Ugh, it sucks because my mouth is really little. Plus, I can't breathe through my nose so it feels like I'm holding my breath the whole time. I always cringe when they take it out because it feels like my teeth are going to come out with it. We also did pre-op pics and tons of x-rays. It was really interesting to see my x-ray head on. It is very apparent that my septum is crooked. I'm still holding out for Dr. Q to straighten that out a bit while he's in there. My mom met the doc today too. I think she has read up on all of this and she checks all the blogs that are linked to mine so she really didn't have any questions. Anyway, she called me afterwards because she had a doctor's appointment with her doctor in the next building. She had mentioned that she just came from Dr. Q's office because I was having jaw surgery with him. She said her doctor knows him personally and went on and on about how amazing he is and what great transformations he has done. She said he saw her do surgery on a girl that was in a car wreck and had all the bones around her eye socket area crushed. After he operated on her, you coudn't tell she had ever been in an accident. It always makes me feel a lot better when I hear rave reviews from fellow doctors. I have heard nothing but great things about him from everyone. I'm so glad that I found a great doctor. I guess summertime is the time when all of us with funky jaws decide to get it done because he has 17 surgeries in the next month. Wow, that is a lot of bone cracking. Well, next Thursday I have another appointment. This one is just to fill out all the paperwork and sign my life away. It's also time to dish out half of my savings. I think scratching that check will hurt worse than the surgery!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh I know what you mean about cringing when they take the molds out of the mouth - it feels like your teeth are going to come out, too!!

Sounds like you're going to have to go back to the doctor's soon for the face-bo (not sure if I spelled that right) - that'll be a surreal experience as they try to replicate the measurements of your face onto a model. Don't worry, it's not painful, just a bit weird!

:0)
M

Rachel said...

I think they did that yesterday too. They had a ton of measuring tools attached to my face at one point. Yes...very odd!